Social Impact & Success Rate
The social impact of the SA Foundation is first noticeable on a global level: As SA Partner organizations are equipped and trained internationally by the Foundation, new program plants get up and running, offering services to greater numbers of young women and their children each year. From our records we have determined that as of March 01, 2017 the social impact of the SA Foundation, both nationally and internationally, includes approximately 2,200 women and 500 children.
This global impact next has a ripple effect: No matter where an SA program model is located, it becomes instrumental in educating the helping professionals involved with sexually exploited/trafficked youth, women and their children!
Next, the community at large comes to appreciate the SA program model and welcomes it in their neighbourhood, and finally the funding community begins to see the benefit of long-term services and invest in the program.
All of this success leads to other cities desiring to implement the SA program model, bringing the social impact of the SA Foundation full circle!
When fully implemented, over a 3-year program period, the SA program model generates a steady success rate of over 70%. Success in SA programs is defined as program participants that:
- Escaped and stay away from all sexual exploitation and are no longer engaging in sexual solicitation
- Remain drug & alcohol free
- Live crime-free lifestyles
- Maintain school and/or employment
- Living independently and paying personal bills in a timely manner
- Being emotionally stable to the point that emotional issues no longer interfere with day to day living
- When applicable, parenting adequately